Madballs Quick Review: Repvile

I lucked out and found some of the new Madballs at Toys R Us yesterday. There were only a few in the store, so I only got one: the new ball on the block, Repvile. I'll make a full review when I get more of them, but for now, I thought I'd post a quick preview with my comments.

The sculpts of the new Madballs are awesome! The textures seem more developed than the originals, and the sculpts have a much cooler style and attitude. They are certainly a great upgrade over the previous Madball sculpts.

The paint apps are iffy at times. I appreciate what they're trying to do, namely to give the Madballs more realism with different paint washes. But the washes have a tendency to make them look old and used rather than more realistic, which is not what was intended. Screamin' Meemie in particular looked old.

The foam is more squishy than the original Madballs, so how the new series will hold up over time is anyone's guess. Click on the thumb to the right to see the Series 1 assortment. There's also a new official website, so be sure to check it out!

DISCLAIMER: All items reviewed on Dork Dimension were purchased by the reviewer unless otherwise noted. The opinions expressed on Dork Dimension are solely those of the author and are presented for entertainment purposes only.