Toy Pix: Origin Armodoc and The Rig


When Onell Design announced The Rig, a new vinyl Glyos sculpt, I was ecstatic. Finally, an opponent for my Armodoc army! But is he worthy? Let's check him out! But first, let's examine Origin Armodoc, the newest Armodoc colorway.


Origin Armodoc


With his black eyes, white plastic, and grey detailing, Origin is one of my favorite Armodoc colorways. Sure, he's lacking in the saturation department, but I love the starkness of the coloration. Come to think of it, he'd probably go well with those black and white NECA Turtles that were released a while back.


The Rig


The Rig is the new kid on the block. The coolest thing about this figure is that its sculpt is surprisingly versatile, giving you the option to display it as a number of different ships or robots. I came up with three configurations above, and I'm sure there are more. Also, if you have a bunch of Rigs, you can make some incredibly awesome configurations, like John K.'s creation over at Fans of Pheyden.


As a side note, if you want to swap parts between Armodoc and The Rig, be sure to heat them up with a blow dryer first. That will soften the plastic and make your life a whole lot easier. I didn't know about this before, and I spent a good half hour trying to get Rig's arm back in the socket before I found this post over at the October Toys forums.

DISCLAIMER: All items reviewed on Dork Dimension were purchased by the reviewer unless otherwise noted. The opinions expressed on Dork Dimension are solely those of the author and are presented for entertainment purposes only.