Toy Pix: Glyos Mutant


The latest collaboration between TGB Customs and Jason Frailey Studio is this Glyos Mutant! Continuing the Infection concept of Glyos characters evolving into weird and wacky morphologies, this wave depicts an unfortunate Glyos victim evolving into a freaky radioactive mutant! Check him out below!

Marty of TGB Customs (who is producing this figure) sent me this prototype as a reference for the illustration I developed for the header card and I'm glad he did. There is so many cool sculpting details (by Jason Frailey) that you just can't see online, and it was great to see how the figure works in 3 dimensions so that I could pick up some of the coolest aspects for the card. I'm not going to spoil all the fun of exploring the weird blistery sculpting for you, but here are a few beauty shots.



The detailing comes out best in lighting that's a little more dramatic:




Of course, being a Glyos mutant, the joints are compatible with other figures in the Glyos universe. I'm a little nervous to do too much in the way of body part swapping since this is just a prototype and I don't know what I'm doing, but you can see a couple really cool amalgamations with Pheyden over at Marty's blog. I especially like this shot; it's almost like the mutated limbs are flowing out of Pheyden's armor, like Tetsuo's liquified limbs in Akira.

The Glyos Mutant is perfectly in scale with other figures from the Glyos Universe. I actually like the color of this prototype, too... it works really well with the "hero" Pheyden colorway.



If you'd like to buy this figure, check out Marty's sale thread over at the October Toys Forums. He still has a few slots open at the time of this writing, so be sure to sign up if you're interested! And I'll be posting the header card art over at Dork Dimension on deviantArt, so stay tuned!

This figure was received from TGB Customs as compensation for illustration work performed for the figure's release.

DISCLAIMER: All items reviewed on Dork Dimension were purchased by the reviewer unless otherwise noted. The opinions expressed on Dork Dimension are solely those of the author and are presented for entertainment purposes only.