Toy Pix: Virginia Earthquake 2011


The only damages I had in the VA quake were in my action figure displays. I live about 12 miles from the epicenter of the quake, so I was expecting all sorts of carnage when I got home from work tonight. But it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. Although most of the figures toppled over and flew all over the place (especially the MUSCLEs), none of them broke. I was worried that my Enterprise D might have taken a tumble and destroyed itself, but it managed to stay on its shelf.

This quake was apparently the 3rd largest for the East Coast on record:
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/2011/08/23/top-10-biggest-east-coast-quakes-on-record/




DISCLAIMER: All items reviewed on Dork Dimension were purchased by the reviewer unless otherwise noted. The opinions expressed on Dork Dimension are solely those of the author and are presented for entertainment purposes only.