Toy Pix: Star Trek Christmas Tree Display, 2013


Back in the early 90’s I was crazy for Hallmark’s Star Trek ornaments, particularly the starships. The release of a new starship became a yearly tradition that I would eagerly anticipate each Christmas season. It was gobs of fun to decorate the Christmas tree with starships, and those ornaments were some of the best representations of Trek ships around.

But my enthusiasm for the ships was directly proportional to my enthusiasm for Star Trek itself, and by the late 90’s that yearly starship ornament tradition fell by the wayside (which also means that my disinterest caused me to miss out on a lot of cool ships). But I still had heaps of nostalgia for my old ships, and every Christmas I looked forward to bringing out my fleet.

Recently I’ve been trying to pick up some of the ornaments that I missed but I have a lot of catching up to do. In the meantime, let’s take a look at my Christmas tree starship display for 2013! The idea is that the ships are orbiting a planet and its moon (the blue and white balls directly above the ships). Scroll down for more detailed pics!

Enterprise (1991)



Enterprise D (1993)



Enterprise E (1998)



Reliant (2008)



All Good Things Enterprise D (2007)



Voyager (1996)


DISCLAIMER: All items reviewed on Dork Dimension were purchased by the reviewer unless otherwise noted. The opinions expressed on Dork Dimension are solely those of the author and are presented for entertainment purposes only.